09 February 2016
Time to Upgrade Your Warehousing or Manufacturing Footprint in Russia?
Radius Group explores business opportunities in industrial real estate arising from the current economic situation in Russia.
- Russian real-estate infrastructure has become dramatically cheaper and more accessible.
- For warehouse and logistics real-estate, Moscow vacancy volume is over 800,000m2, the highest in market history which temporary “supply bubble” has resulted in rents falling well below levels necessary to stimulate new construction in this structurally undersupplied market.
- Current real-estate market conditions create significant opportunities for companies operating in Russia, with companies choosing different strategies to benefit from the current dislocation:
- Maintain functionality while reducing fixed costs.
- Upgrade existing real-estate infrastructure at historically low rental values.
- Expand functionality and improve operational efficiency at historically low CAPEX investment costs.
Year Ending: In just two years, warehouses have turned from a "boring" segment into the leaders of commercial real estate.
Format transformation: shopping malls across the world have tended to adapt their areas for storage of goods
Demand for warehouses in the capital and its suburbs is increasing at a rate exceeding the supply growth
Warehouse 2CDE Green has been shortlisted for the CRE Federal Awards 2021 in the category “Green Brick”
Building 3AB Green has been nominated in Arendator Awards 2021 for the “Warehouse Сomplex” and “Best Ecological Project” categories
At a festive ceremony, the cornerstone was laid today for the DPD high-tech logistics complex at South Gate Industrial Park
South Gate becomes first industrial park in the world to hold both LEED (Silver) and BREEAM (Very Good) sustainability certifications
Radius Group Managing Director Chris Van Riet: How e-commerce is reshaping Russia’s warehouse industry
Russia Recession Poses Financial Dilemma for Companies: Western Sanctions, Lower Oil Prices, and a Falling Rouble Test Business Resolve
Radius Group and Leroy Merlin sign a purchase build-to-suit agreement for a 100,000 m2 Consumer Distribution Center.
Radius Group Invests 8.4 Billion Rubles ($248 Million) In The Expansion Of South Gate Industrial Park With Loan From Sberbank
Radius to Build & Manage 10,000 M2 Records Management and Document Storage Facility for Iron Mountain
The latest phase of ‘South Gate Industrial Park’ has achieved the highest BREEAM rating of any commercial real estate project in Russia.
Radius Group and Oriola have signed a 10 year leasing agreement on a 30, 000 m2 logistic center facility at the South Gate Industrial Park